Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Aerostructures is a leading supplier of complex components and assemblies to the global aerospace industry.
PCC Aerostructures now includes 38 plants in the U.S, Europe and Asia with over 6000 employees and has ambitious growth plans. Businesses within PCC Aerostructures include Primus International, SPS Aerostructures, Centra, Avibank and AVK, Klune, Noranco, ProCoat, Southwest United Industries, Progressive Incorporated, Synchronous, and Kalistrut. Plants locations include Washington, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Kansas, Texas, Ohio, Canada, Mexico, the UK and China.
Located in Spanish Fork Utah, Klune Industries is unique in that it produces hard metal complex machined parts for both military and commercial aerospace customers. It is also a vertically integrated business with machining, processing and assembly capabilities.
The Composite technician is responsible for properly manufacturing and/or repairing composite airfoil assemblies in accordance with specifications.
- Manufacture composite airfoil structures according to blueprints and specifications through use of VARTM process
- Reads and interprets blueprints in order to determine type of repair and tools required
- Maintain a clean and efficient work area while eliminating F.O.D risks
- Manufactures new bonded structures in accordance with engineering drawings, process specifications, and planning documents.
- Fabricates, assembles, reworks and repairs bonded structures
- Manufactures new parts and assemblies according to engineering drawings, process specifications, and planning documents.
- Assembles composite airfoils following blueprints and specifications.
- Actively support and participate in continuous improvement activities, team meetings, and holding him/herself accountable for sustaining improvements
- GED or High School diploma preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with fabrication of skins, doublers and forming detail parts.
- Mechanical aptitude, the ability to use precision tools, and the ability to read and comprehend engineering drawings, process specifications, and planning documents.
- Able to lift 35 lbs.
- Assembly of aerospace structures
- Communication, verbal and written (English)
- Composite tear down, lay-up, bag & assembly of panels
- Basic computer skills
- Hand tool proficiency (drills, routers, knives, scissors etc.)
- Lay-up of composite & metal bond structures
- Measure: read scales, calipers and tape measures
- Organizes, plans, prioritizes & completes work on time
- Paperwork precision and accuracy
- Part traceability
- Power tool proficiency: band saws, drill presses, pneumatic press, etc.
- Read and interpret technical documents (dwgs, specs, M&P etc.)