Maintenance Superintendent - Mentor, OH
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
At PCC Mentor, we believe that access to reliable power and freedom of travel are essential rights for all. How we support our belief is by manufacturing highly complex investment castings utilizing proprietary technology for use in industrial gas turbine and aerospace engines. Our highly skilled team members make our vision a reality.
We have a long history of changing the world and meeting the needs of our customers which is highlighted by our ten-fold growth since 1998. A large multi-million dollar expansion project was completed in 2008 to enable the Mentor plant to meet customer demands. Due to this expansion the Mentor Operation now consists of two manufacturing locations, Mentor and Renaissance Parkway (Painesville).
As the world’s need for power and aerospace technology continues to grow, so does our need for team members that believe in our vision. If you are looking for an opportunity to help power the world, a career at PCC Mentor may be right for you.
- Responsible for safety compliance of all maintenance personnel.
- Coordinates the recommendation, planning, and implementation of equipment to improve production efficiency, meet cost containment goals, and support plant needs for growth and safety improvements.
- Develops schedules and controls preventative and predictive maintenance programs.
- Supervises schedules and coordinates maintenance department activities to achieve production, quality and safety goals and requirements.
- Communicates daily with manufacturing managers and supervisors to ensure that all production needs are being met.
- Participates in department staffing and is responsible for training, orientation, communication, performance reviews, corrective disciplinary actions, and the coaching and counseling of staff members.
- Supervise and manage recycling and hazardous waste in accordance with the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) and company policy.
- Maintains inventories of maintenance material supplies, critical spares and repair parts at required levels
- A Bachelors's degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- 2+ years of maintenance/plant engineering experience
- Ability to meet deadlines and be accountable for quality / quantity of work
- Able to work flexible hours with a history of dependability
- Ability to use team approach to problem solving
- A strong sense of urgency
- Demonstrated record of people leadership skills
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check and full drug screen
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.