Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Precision Tool Group (PTG) is the leading global supplier of tooling solutions for the fastener industry. We specialise in aerospace, automotive, energy, medical and general industries.
At PTG we are committed to maintaining our position as the market leader in thread rolling and header tooling by providing unmatched product quality, exceptional technological innovation and superior customer service.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the HR / H&S Specialist will be responsible for a broad range of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual business activities such as those associated with the following;
• Employee Relations and Communications
• Health and Safety to include H&S training, Safety/Risk Assessments, Incident Investigations, H&S policy enforcement, Toolbox Talk delivery and lead for the Plant Safety Committee
• Management of Employee Compensation & Benefits
• Delivery of Performance Management for the plant
• Responsible for all Recruitment and Selection activities to include on boarding
• HR Reporting and Systems
• Sarbanes and Oxley (SOX) responsibilities
• Design, Roll Out and Implementation of HR and H&S policies
• Any other ad hoc duties required
Bachelor's Degree in either an HR or H&S discipline.
PHR/SPHR Certification is highly desirable
• Good communication skills: listening, written, verbal and interpersonal
• Excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritize work and multiple tasks
• High level proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Proactive, self-starter, who must be able to work independently without supervision
• Good attention to detail, resulting in high level of accuracy in all aspects of the position
• Positive attitude and be motivated by the role
• Exercise discretion and confidentiality as required
• High level of professionalism and integrity
• Willingness to grow with the business and role
• Operates to the highest ethical, professionalism standards
• Ability to learn quickly
• Willingness to be flexible and driver of change
• Creative approaches to achieve goals
• Strong work ethic