Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Located in Algona Washington, Primus International - Algona is a leading Tier II Supplier of highly engineered metallic and composite parts, kits, and assemblies to the global aerospace industry. Primus International –Algona specializes in medium to complex titanium machining and structural mechanical assembly.
Acquired by Precision Castparts in 2011, Primus International Algona has become one of 36 plants within the Aerostructures division. Staffed with over 400 employees, the facility generates annual revenue exceeding $200 million.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for performing a variety of accounting assignments under general direction from the Assistant Controller. The incumbent will plan and conduct work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation or modification of standard accounting techniques, procedures and practices. The successful candidate devises new approaches to most problems, seeking technical guidance on unusually complex problems. This position will coordinate accounting activities for assigned projects and provide supervision to lower level accounting personnel.
- Management of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting including monthly P&L package, financial quarterly review and quarterly operational review
- Support division reporting including weekly pulse and forecasting
- Manage audit requests with internal and external audit groups
- Support SOX reporting and testing process
- Perform complex balance sheet account reconciliations
- Prepare monthly revenue recognition and shipment cutoff reconciliations
- Responsible for various special projects & ad hoc requests
- Oversee various general accounting operations
- Identify process opportunity areas and develop and implement procedures to improve organizational efficiency
- Management of AR team
- Perform other duties, as assigned
-Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
-CPA or CMA is preferred
-4+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and process improvement ability
- Experience with ERP systems for general accounting and consolidation purposes
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to successfully manage many issues and projects simultaneously, while managing Jr. level accountants
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to collaborate with all levels of management
- Able to work productively and independently
- Previous public accounting experience with manufacturing clients is a plus
- SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley Act) reporting experience is preferred
- Demonstrated understanding and application of U.S. GAAP