Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Cherry Aerospace is a global leader in the design and manufacture of fastening systems for the aerospace industry. The Cherry® name is synonymous with aerospace fasteners, and the CherryMax® line of rivets is the most widely-used in the industry. The Cherry® brand dates back to 1940 when the Cherry Rivet Company introduced easily-installed blind fasteners, which the aerospace industry quickly adopted as a standard. Cherry Aerospace is headquartered in Santa Ana, California, USA, and is a member of the PCC Fastener Products Division of Precision Castparts Corp (PCC).
Cherry's products include Blind Rivets, Blind Bolts, Rivetless Nut Plates, Shear Pin fasteners and Installation Tools. They are available from a large number of distributors, including locations in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Dubai, France, Germany, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Poland, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.
- Interpret business processes and identify control points to ensure SOX compliance
- Manage and be responsible for the company's internal control testing system (for both financial and IT controls).
- Identify and apply best and leading practices to core business processes
- Act as Business Advisor to functional leaders in SOX matters
- Coordinate SOX external and internal audit testing and scheduling
- Prepare quarterly reports (freight spend, pipeline savings, etc.)
- Validate and approve invoices
- Close open POs as per process
- Annual FCR audit
- Maintain Vendor and Inventory Part Master
- Supply ordering/Product sourcing
- Purchase order generation
- Vendor set up/reactivation
- Managing and training the GM, Controller, Process Owners, Control Owners and SOX testers each quarter to assure the SOX testing is done correctly and on time
- Manage the quarterly internal SOX testing. This includes interpreting the test results and determining if test items are a finding or require additional testing
- Partner with business process owners to identify and remediate internal control weaknesses identified through testing
- Develop, implement, and sustain preventative, detective, and monitoring controls for all core business processes
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the internal control framework on a routine basis
- Continually refine and communicate key control objectives to ensure ongoing compliance
- Identify and implement business process changes resulting in strengthened internal controls and operational efficiencies
- Serve as a team member on special projects
- Manage the data quality and reporting in the internal control system
- Must effectively hit all milestones on-time
- Ability to motivate and work with all parts of the business
- Ability to learn Archer System for testing and documentation
- Ensure timely update of process documentation (narratives) for quarterly testing
- Ensure testing of all benchmark controls is done on time each quarter
- Ensure control owners are aware of any ineffective key controls and they are documenting them via Archer Findings and Remediation Planning
- Coordinate with Control Owners on issues with efficient execution of testing procedures
- Assist with restricted access testing
- Assist with the completion of yearly segregation of duties reviews
- Assist testers with quarterly testing
- Ensure requests made to Control Owners are fulfilled in a timely manner, as necessary
- Administrative duties (scanning travelers on a daily basis, helping the production planning department with various tasks, helping with specific projects)
- Basic receptionists duties (Sign in/out of customers and guests of SWUC), answering phone calls, etc.
- Accounting and finance experience (preferred)
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Experience with internal controls
- Industrial manufacturing experience (preferred)
- Cost Accounting/Physical Inventory (Management)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills