Maintenance Electrician- San Leandro
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Structurals is the world leader in superalloy, aluminum and titanium investment casting. With applications in jet aircraft engines, airframes, industrial gas turbine (IGT) engines, military armaments, medical prosthesis, and many other industrial markets, we provide a wide portfolio of high-quality components, some as large as 100 inches (250cm).
As the original business unit for Precision Castparts, you can count on PCC Structurals’ extensive experience and knowledge to consistently provide high-quality castings, even at significant volumes.
PCC Structurals also provides solidification modeling, in-house rapid prototyping (including SLA), digital radiography, hot isostatic pressing, precision machining and protective coating services. We operate 11 manufacturing facilities in the United States and Europe.
- Strictly adheres to all environmental, health, and safety (EH&S) standards as defined by the company and local,state, and federal regulators. Takes responsibility for and demonstrate safe work practices. Wears required PPE.
- Utilizes knowledge of a wide range of skilled trades to perform maintenance and repair on facilities, machines and equipment. May be required to handle hazardous waste, and to pass hazardous materials training.
- Utilizes knowledge of high vacuum systems, pumps and blowers, including the theory of vacuum induction melting furnaces.
- Installs, programs, troubleshoots, and maintains control panels, programmable logic controllers (PLCs), motors, motor controllers, transformers, wiring, switches, alarm systems and other equipment.
- Maintains, installs, repairs, and adjusts electrical systems and equipment that provide power to production equipment and facilities.
- Plans and designs instrumentation/electrical projects and provide assistance on technical issues.
- Provides technical assistance on the selection of new equipment.
- Exercises a high degree of care in the handling of castparts to avoid damage.
- Usually works with minimum supervision, conferring with superior on unusual matters. Assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring originality and ingenuity. Must have the ability to lead and guide new employees and direct work flow thru the maintenance department. Troubleshoot, repair & maintain machinery & equipment.
- Must maintain the ability to be on call 24 hrs. for emergency repairs.
- Executes all work in safe and professional manner by completing all work accurately and on time.
- Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and building equipment.
- Connects power supply wires to machines and building equipment, and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, motor starters, MCC panels/circuits, variable frequency drives and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables. Must be able to install & repair electrical apparatus & wiring circuits which consist of three-phase 220V & 480V.
- Responsible of all 3 phase 480/277 VAC, 3 Phase 120/208 VAC, and 120/240 VAC equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining all electrical distribution systems within the buildings; Replaces faulty electrical components of machine such as relays, switches, and motors, and positions sensing devices; Replaces faulty electronic components, such as printed circuit boards.
- Will be responsible for maintaining building lighting, emergency lights/exit lights, 120 volt outlets. Plans layout of wiring and installs wiring, conduit, and electrical apparatus in buildings; Performs preventative maintenance tasking on all electrical utilities and equipment.
- Attends classes/seminars on electrical components, distribution, and system design to update skills.
- Responsible for accurate and timely paperwork related to essential duties and responsibilities.
- Maintains a safe, clean and organize shop area. Maintain inventory of spare parts and material. Maintain tools and equipment for maintenance work. Maintain, organize, control, inventory supplies, tools, and equipment.
- Repairs and maintains machinery in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer's specifications, machinery and mechanical equipment, such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment, using hand tools, and precision measuring and testing instruments such as motors, pumps, belts, fans, air conditioners
- Conducts Preventative Maintenance schedules. Diagnoses machines and repairs or replaces broken parts. Inspects completed repairs. Requisitions new/replacement parts and equipment in a timely manner. May be required to handle hazardous waste. Must be available for on-call duty on a rotating basis. Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma. At least some college courses preferred.
Minimum of 5 years of active electrical trouble shooting in an industrial manufacturing environment
Required to have electrical knowledge to complete machinery and equipment repairs; able to read complicated drawings, ladder logic, and simple sketches
A thorough knowledge and understanding of electrical and mechanical theory, safety and shop practices as well as federal, state, municipal and underwriters’ specifications, codes, and ordinances.
Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
Must possess/maintain a valid CA Driver’s License (drives company vehicle, forklift on occasion)
English skills must be proficient to understand, read, write and speak English
Safely and effectively handle lifting of various objects weighing up to 35 lbs.; Asks for help with objects that weigh more; Uses proper safe lifting procedures.