Mechanical Engineer - Morgantown PA
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
This position provides Mechanical Engineering technical support for the Morgantown melting facility. This includes designing, testing, commissioning, and maintaining plant mechanical systems and equipment components; leading and supporting capital projects; assisting maintenance activities and projects.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 6-10 years of experience in mechanical design and analysis.
- Experience in managing and leading projects is required.
- Hands-on experience with industrial hydraulic/pneumatic systems, vacuum/water pumps, material handling systems, and other industrial plant mechanical components is required.
- Requires use of CAD systems (Solidworks); industrial tools, machines, and test equipment.
- Background/knowledge of electrical systems (motors, drives, controls, etc.) desired.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities and work with personnel at all organizational levels.
- Effective communication (written and verbal), organization, and project management skills.
- Previous supervisory experience desired
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.
This requisition is closed to applications.