Research Technician - Henderson NV
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Titanium Metals Corporation (TIMET) is one of the world’s largest fully integrated titanium producers. Since 1950, TIMET has been leading the industry in mill and melted products, supplying nearly one-fifth of the world’s titanium.
TIMET has a global network of service centers supported by its six primary melting and mill facilities in Henderson, Nevada; Toronto, Ohio; Morgantown, Pennsylvania; Witton, England; Waunarlwydd, Wales; and Ugine, France.
With products ranging from sophisticated high temperature alloys used in jet engines, to advanced corrosion resistant alloys used in the chemical industry, TIMET’s reach spans the breadth of the titanium applications, and has the technical depth to support developments across a wide range of applications. TIMET’s fully integrated supply chain, dedicated research facilities, and decades of experience make us the partner of choice for titanium.
Research Technician within the Henderson Technical Laboratory (HTL) pilot plant to work closely with engineers to support product development, new alloy development, plant related support, and manufacturing technology. Work routinely performed at the pilot plant includes melting, forging, rolling, heat treatment, cutting, machining, and other material processing/testing.
- Utilize shop equipment including melt furnaces, forging equipment, heat treatment furnaces, rolling mill, band saws, drill presses, grinders, mills, lathes, and other shop equipment.
- Adhering to safe work practices.
- Maintaining equipment.
- Active participation in 6S and other HS&E initiatives.
- Cross-training in the metallurgy lab is expected to support department needs.
- Other laboratory support includes active participation in PCC 6S program.
- Ordering and monitoring consumables.
- Troubleshooting of equipment and interaction with equipment manufacturers.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma.
- 1+ years in related shop experience (light/heavy industrial environment).
- Familiarity with titanium or machining experience (CNC mills/lathes) is considered an advantage.
- Ability to lift up to 35lbs
- Ability to sit, stand, reach
- Must be able to perform moderate physical and repetitive work including bending, stooping, kneeling, carrying tools and working overhead