With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Since the early days of aviation, PCC has worked closely with our customers to develop and specify the best products for their applications. We’ve created new materials, designs, and manufacturing practices to satisfy an ever changing industry. PCC engineered product applications include all wing/fuselage structural parts; engine lock-plates/bracketry; complete passenger/exit doors; major flap support and actuation structures; spars, skins, and bulkheads; swaged control rods, cables, and actuation and flight control assemblies; and complex latches, quick release BALL-LOK® pins, and specialized fasteners.
Now part of PCC's Aerostructures Division, University Swaging is a unique machining, swaging, and assembly center providing the industry's most technologically advanced structural and kinematic control rod assemblies, flight control mechanisms, and swaged cable assemblies. Founded in 1947, the company was purchased by Primus in 2000, and before the close of the decade, expanded more than twofold into a new 110,000 square foot facility. The company's success can be attributed to continuity of leadership and a strong vision for growth of capabilities and products. Today the site benefits from shared opportunities and cooperation with KaliStrut Aerospace, which has also maintained a leading market position in the area of metallic rods for more than 35 years. Recent engineering projects include pylon struts, interior tie rods, hold open rods, flight control rods, wing-to-body fairing support rods, door mechanisms and rods, and structural support rods for Airbus, Boeing, Embraer, and Gulfstream. Precision Castparts Corp. acquired Primus International in August, 2011.
The Buyer reports directly to the Purchasing Manager.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
The Buyer is responsible for coordinating activities involved with procuring materials, equipment, supplies, and services with the goal of achieving the lowest possible cost of ownership for assigned commodity areas.
- Review requisitions with internal users and confer with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price availability and delivery schedule.
- Determine purchasing strategy (direct purchase, bid, negotiate) and locate and approve qualified vendors.
- Prepare PO’s/releases in Oracle system, generate orders and communicate such to vendors.
- Prepare, issue, and review big proposals and negotiate contracts/orders within budgetary limits and scope of authority.
- Frequent communications with all parties involved in procurement process (user, vendor, accounting staff, and receiving staff).
- Keep abreast of markets for assigned commodities.
- Keep Manager informed of market changes and large purchases/projects and other issues.
- Ensures compliance with SOX controls and processes.
- Expedite material, equipment, and supplies as required.
- Maintain purchasing data in the system.
- Research and/or obtain drawings and specifications internally and externally as required.
- Maintain own information records and purchasing files.
- Act as back-up for assigned counterpart as required.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA is preferred in Business, Engineering, Materials Management, or other related field. Additional degrees will be considered if experience is relevant.
- 3+ year in Purchasing/Materials Management or related experience.
- Manufacturing experience required
- MRP experience highly preferred
- Possesses sound judgment and decision-making skills and the ability to contribute to business-related problem-solving.
- Broad understanding of all areas related to purchasing legal compliance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to credibly and effectively communicate with and influence all levels of the organization.
- Customer focus.
- Creative thinking.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated job flexibility and knowledge.
- Knowledge of negotiation strategies and tactics.
- Perform all aspects of the position legally and ethically.
- Review, coordinate, and prioritize procurement activities for company and program PO/requisitions for parts, raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, and other goods
- Troubleshoot non-conforming suppliers on product, service, price, schedule, and/or quality issues
- Coordinate new supplier qualification to customer drawing and specification requirements
- Coordinate and provide make/buy data and determine procurement approach such as direct purchase or bid
- Prepare, review, and approve purchase orders; provide supplier status on POs as required
- Maintain orderly reports including electronic filing systems
- Review, troubleshoot, and design/modify manual and computerized procurement systems for items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance; maintain inventory reports including design and reporting of internal performance metrics to management as required
- Approve invoices for payment; may expedite delivery of goods to customers
- May occasionally perform special projects
- Other duties as assigned
This requisition is closed to applications.