Quality Engineer - Jenkintown, PA
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to be a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Fasteners and Engineered Products, which include the PCC Industrial & Distribution Group, consist of specialized manufacturing businesses that produce fasteners, precision components, systems, tooling, and engineered system solutions for a diverse group of end customers in the automotive, aerospace & defense, industrial machinery, and other performance-driven markets.
PCC Fasteners and Engineered Products' manufacturing operations are spread over four continents, forming a network of industry-leading companies, which enables our customers to utilize our experience and deep product knowledge wherever they need it. Embedded in a culture of continuous improvement, our assets and industry leadership insure that we will consistently deliver our customers the best value in the markets we serve.
Founded in Jenkintown, PA in 1903 as Standard Pressed Steel Company, SPS Technologies continues to operate from the original 560,000 square foot facility.
SPS Technologies has been developing and manufacturing critical fasteners since the early days of aviation, working closely with its customers to meet the needs of an ever-changing industry.
Many of the materials, designs, and manufacturing practices that have become industry standards were pioneered by SPS Technologies. SPS Technologies continues to advance the materials, designs, and manufacturing practices of aerospace fasteners today to meet the unique needs of next generation vehicles and assembly techniques.
The Quality Engineer will interface with operation managers on major quality issues, support internal manufacturing operations (projects, capital improvements, documentation, standardization), promote advanced quality management systems processes, drive internal quality improvements (use of A3 Projects, FMEA, 5WHY, Lean), assess and improve process effectiveness and efficiency, provide defect analysis data collection to reduce process variability, identify root cause for nonconformance and ensure effective corrective actions are implemented, conduct process audits to drive continuous improvements, supports organization growth of AS9100 and NADCAP processes
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Promote advanced quality management systems processes
- Drive internal quality improvements (use of A3 Projects, FMEA, 5WHY, Lean)
- Assess and improve process effectiveness and efficiency
- Provide defect analysis data collection to reduce process variability
- Identify root cause for nonconformance and ensure effective corrective actions are implemented
- Conduct process audits to drive continuous improvements
- Supports organization growth of AS9100 and NADCAP processes
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical, decision making, problem solving skills
- Possess understanding of Risk Analysis process, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis process, Fault Tree Analysis, and Requirements and Hazard Traceability processes, Continuous improvement techniques
- Project Management skills, Process capability studies
- Six Sigma Methodology
- Ability to use Solidworks or similar CAD package
- 7+ years manufacturing experience in a quality engineering field with aerospace customer experience
- Experience w/ ISO / AS9100 / NADCAP
Level of Education:
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical, Material Science, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering preferred
This requisition is closed to applications.