Saw Operator Level 1
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Carlton Forge Works produces seamless rolled rings as well as open and closed-die forgings for the aerospace, gas turbine, industrial, commercial, and nuclear industries while using one of the most extensive lines of equipment and truly skilled craftsmen anywhere.
Job Summary: Utilizing saw equipment (mechanical and PCC controlled band saw), saw operators will cut all raw material billet with precision based on weight target while following safety policies. They are responsible to read blueprints and job orders for product specifications, and select the correct material and tools for the job.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Safety adherence; to include all forklift safety policies
- Preventative Maintenance Schedule Adherence
- Ability to handle parts without damaging people, parts or property
- Timely and accurate record keeping
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Comply with PCC Code of Conduct Requirements
- Perform all duties in a safe and collaborative manner and immediately report any potentially dangerous conditions or other safety concerns to a supervisor
- Promote and comply with good safety practices and habits, including but not limited to, use of all PPE, ensuring guards and safety features are working.
- Conducts pre-operational inspections of equipment and/or tooling
- Operate saw band
- Complete setups and blade changes
- Change out rings, inspect and deburr parts
- Palletize and wrap/band in preparation for shipping
- Accurately works from material orders to ensure exact quantity and size
- Expert handling and manipulation of all company equipment
- Maintain accurate and timely daily work logs, equipment, and maintenance records
- Assists in keeping equipment and working area clean and orderly
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required, Technical or professional certification preferred and/or completion of an appropriated apprenticeship program
- 2-5+ years of experience for Level A, 0-2 year of experience for Level B
- Operates overhead crane and forklift
- Able to use basic algebra for calculating weight
- Ability to lift/move up to 35 lbs
- Ability to work in a non-temperature controlled environment, with exposure to dust and fumes
- Basic skills in reading and understanding manufacturing documents, such work instructions and standard machine operating procedures in English
- Ability to accurately read & identify material markings
- Ability to measure parts using standard measuring devices, including a tape measure
- Ability to record and enter operations data as required; computer data entry required
- Understanding of and ability to follow preventative maintenance process
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and take initiative to correct or seek immediate assistance
- Sense of urgency and comfort working in a fast-paced environment with a variety of simultaneous projects
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Minimum of 2-year related experience in a manufacturing setting
- Knowledge of metal work process a plus
- Forklift and overhead crane experience a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Note: This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This requisition is closed to applications.