Human Resources Manager - LPC (Portland, OR)
Full benefits that start on the 1st of the month following your hire date
Paid holidays, vacations, and sick leave
Gym membership reimbursement for you and your family
Safety shoe and safety glasses reimbursement
And so much more!
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The Human Resources Manager is a key leader and member of the plant staff. In this role, the Human Resources Manager provides the full range of HR support to the PCC facility in the areas of positive employee relations, talent acquisition and retention, employee development, and compensation. This position is also responsible for partnering with the site’s Environmental, Safety, and Health team to support the site's safety programs and initiatives.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities (Other Duties and Responsibilities as Assigned):
- A business partner to the Plant Manager and an advisor to the plant management team. Provides guidance and advice on employee relations issues, HR policy and practice, and legal risk. Understands the business and creates HR strategies to align with business goals.
- Recommends key HR policies and processes to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Partner with and support the management team with workforce planning, performance management, and employee development.
- Lead employee relations issues and investigations.
- Design and maintain an effective employee engagement strategy to motivate the workforce, reward performance and retain workers.
- Facilitates and actively participates in management development programs both corporate and local initiatives.
- Support recruiting strategies for the company’s Human Capital Plan.
- Partner with Environmental Health and Safety to ensure OSHA Compliance.
- Act as a subject matter expert on California Wage and Hour practices. Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Knowledge of Oregon Wage and Hour policies and practices.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including assessments and audits, standards and benchmarks, evaluation of program effectiveness, and resolution of problems, bottlenecks, and deficiencies.
- Knowledge of benefits, performance evaluation, and compensation plans; Understanding of individual performance, abilities, learning, and motivation; Knowledgeable about agency laws and regulations relating to human resources (FLSA, EEO, etc.).
- Knowledge of management principles involved in strategic planning and forecasting including people, material, and equipment resource allocation; corporate and human resource policies and benefits; leadership; teaming; and production methods.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to influence leadership and interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Able to handle sensitive information and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Familiarity with COBRA, ERISA, FMLA, OSHA and related state and federal regulations.
- Detailed, accurate, and organized; Ability to inform others about company benefits, policies, and procedures.
- Proactive communicator who can clearly articulate results and needs across all levels.
- Ability to establish and communicate clear priorities and to influence others to support and act on those priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Able to work productively and independently.
- Strong Project Management skills. Ability to prioritize tasks and stay organized. Proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- 5+ years related experience and 1-2 years in a leadership role is required
- Manufacturing industry experience is preferred
Level of Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field required. Master’s degree in Human Resources or a related field a plus.
- PHR or SPHR is desired
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.