Journeyman Millwright (Licensed) / LPC-S (Portland, OR)
$8,000 Sign-On Bonus for Journeyman Millwrights (Licensed)!
Full benefits that start on the 1st of the month following your hire date
Paid holidays, vacations, and sick leave
Gym membership reimbursement for you and your family
Safety shoe and safety glasses reimbursement
And so much more!
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
To install, troubleshoot, repair, modify and maintain manufacturing and facilities' equipment, tools and machinery. To perform work in compliance with applicable state and federal codes.
1-Maintenance, Installation and Repair
Objective: to maintain manufacturing and facilities' equipment, tools and machinery in proper, efficient and safe working order.
Essential Job Functions:
- Troubleshoots, modifies, repairs and installs manufacturing machinery, tools, and equipment for vacuum, hydraulic, pneumatic, induction, heating, lubrication, abrasive and pressure cleaning systems, and their components.
- Troubleshoots and repairs facilities' operations and physical systems.
- Performs plumbing, machining, welding and fabrication to machinery, tools and equipment components as required to maintain systems.
2- Planning (Marginal job function at SSBO)
Objective: to plan and implement projects and provide technical assistance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans and implements projects from design and layout through maintenance.
- Provides technical assistance to Engineering in design and selection of equipment and facilities.
- Develops sketches or drawings on proposed modifications.
Objective: to take responsibility for and demonstrate safe work practices.
Essential Job Functions:
- Adheres to plant and department safety rules.
- Safely operates all equipment and tools.
- Identifies and reports safety problems; corrects when possible.
- Recognizes and responds to Hazardous Materials spills. (TBO, LSBO only)
- May be required to work with hazardous waste.
- Completes logs and records.
- Provides work direction and training as assigned.
4- Other (Marginal) Accountabilities:
- Performs other tasks as directed.
- May be required to participate in Hazardous Materials Spill Response Team. (Voluntary at LSBO and SSBO, required at TBO)
ESSENTIAL EQUIPMENT, VEHICLES, TOOLS AND/OR MACHINERY USED:
- Dimensional Measuring Tools (calipers, micrometers, gauges, etc.)
- basic hand tools (hammers, screwdrivers, pliers, etc.)
- pallet jack
- welding and cutting torch equipment
- electric cart (TBO and LSBO only)
- hydraulic boom lift (LSBO only)
- Training is provided on the job.
- Hazardous Materials Handling Training required. (TBO only)
- PCC's Forklift Driving Safety Certification Training must be completed.
- May be required to complete Hazardous Waste Management
- Advanced plumbing, machining, welding, fabrication, troubleshooting and mechanical skills as demonstrated by the competent performance of four years Journeymen Maintenance responsibilities at PCC or a comparable facility with A millwright training or apprenticeship program preferred
OR An equivalent combination of classroom training and work experience.
- Valid driver's license required to drive PCC vehicles.
- Ability to repair all vacuum, hydraulic, pneumatic, induction, heating, lubrication, abrasion, and pressure systems at PCC or a comparable facility.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow specifications on blueprints, drawings, technical manuals, work orders and other technical specifications.
- Ability to assist other departments through planning and technical assistance processes. (LSBO and TBO only)
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to provide working supervision, work direction, and/or training as directed.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations. (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Physical ability to perform the essential job functions.
NOTE: for job positions that require respiratory protection (more than a filtering face piece – dust mask):
In compliance with the Oregon Occupational Safety and Health Division Personal Protective Equipment standard for Respiratory Protection, OAR 437, Div. 2/I 1910.134 and Oregon Health Division Rules for the Control of Radiation, OAR 333. Div. 120 (333-120-300 through 330), certain tasks within this job position require/may require the use of a NIOSH-approved respirator. An individual will not be assigned to these tasks if the person is not able to work under these conditions. Respirator selection will be based on the work performed, exposure information, duration of use and any other relevant factors. If a tight-fitting respirator is required, facial hair, temple pieces on glasses or other items that interferes with the face-to-face piece seal of the respirator are not permitted.