Melt Operator, midnight-8 am - Morgantown, PA
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Set up and operate the furnace as directed for melting to include (where applicable to specific furnace):
- loading and unloading particulate material and/or electrodes
- pumping down furnace and operate vacuum systems
- setting beam programs
- operating furnace controls and data logging instrumentation
- melting and casting
- cooling, unloading, identifying, and weighing ingots
- take samples
Education and Experience
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent is required; Trade school or additional training preferred.
- 3 years working experience in a relevant environment preferred.
- Forklift, crane-operating experience highly preferred.
- Must be able to wear a respirator.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.