TATs Trainer (INTERNAL ONLY) - Wax Center (Portland, OR)
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Trainer will be responsible for providing technical support, leadership, and continuous improvement to staff pertaining to the specific discipline all while ensuring that quality, safety, and production requirements are met. The following is in addition to regular assigned duties.
- Requires and promotes safety first for all employees.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have good organization and people skills.
- Proficient computer skills are a must.
- Capable of prioritizing work and shift setup in accordance too production requirements.
- Coach/train others on production techniques.
- Able to train employees and ensure work instructions are met.
- Must be able to identify different learning styles and successfully deliver training using different methods.
- Work in conjunction with supervision and Wax Center Training Coordinator to ensure training requirements are met and maintained:
- Regular audits and evaluate trainee’s work
- Develop and modify training plans to ensure trainee’s success
- Evaluate training materials and update as necessary
- Develop and deliver exams
- Maintain accurate, complete, and timely training records
- Ensure that employees have necessary tools to complete required tasks.
- Promotes a harassment free environment for all employees, contractors, and staff.
- Able to work with limited direct supervision.
- Works well under pressure.
- Corrects deficiencies and notifies appropriate parties when a process is variant.
- Flexible on shift adjustment if necessary, for business and training purposes.
- Promotes process control within department and takes action to determine corrective action when needed.
- Ensure that the quality requirements are being followed by all.
- Handles first line performance issues and notifies supervision when further action is required to improve performance.
- Ability to evolve and learn new skills.
- Inspect all employee in training parts for completion and initial process.
- Maintain excellent standing in attendance.
- Previous experience as a group, team, or area leader or trainer.
- Understanding of Wax Center system requirements.
- Able to coordinate/plan long- and short-term production goals.
- Demonstrated history of accurate documentation.
- Demonstrated history of professional conduct with customers (Outside Vendors and PCC Employees).
- Actively working in Department 400, 401, 410, or 828
- Must have less than 4 unexcused absences.
- Must not be on a corrective action step 2 or higher within the last 12 months.
- Must be TATS certified prior to training employees – if not TATS certified, must become TATS certified within two (2) weeks of being awarded the position.
- Step 6 in the position posted is strongly preferred but not required.