With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The accountant will be expected to perform general accounting and finance functions in a fast-paced environment, have good communication skills, and be able to balance high-level strategic goals with everyday tasks. This candidate will be able to work well on a team but also be self-motivated to work efficiently on their own.
- Lead in daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting for dual sites related to income statements and balance sheet.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of reporting from the operations. Prepare Ad hoc reports as needed by operations and management.
- Support general accounting group within different areas of fixed assets, payables, and receivables.
- Prepare monthly closing journal entries and adjustments to financial records; organize, analyze and complete month end financial statements.
- Responsible for monthly account reconciliations
- Monitor fixed asset capital projects from start to completion.
- Provide support to accounting staff and assist in resolving issues that arise in these areas with minimal supervision.
- Support and testing in facility’s SOX audit program.
- Willingness to perform special projects to improve process efficiency and performance projects as assigned.
- Meet tight deadlines.
- Work safely under functional safety guidelines such as PPE and equipment interaction.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable Company policies and procedures.
- B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-4 years of financial experience in a high-pace environment with multi-unit organizational structure
- Excellent problem-solving skills with attention to detail; ability to analyze complex problems and provide valuable solutions.
- Knowledge of accounting theory and application of financial principles (GAAP)
- Proficient in PC Application, including advanced skills in Excel preferred.
- Experience with multiple financial reporting tools and data manipulation
- High level of analytical skills and attention to detail
- Good communication skills, initiative, and ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be highly motivated to take on required tasks with minimum supervision.
- Experience in a manufacturing organization
- Ability to multitask.