Quality Technician I (2nd Shift)
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Wyman-Gordon is a worldwide supplier to the aerospace and industrial gas turbine markets. We hold quality accreditations for all of the major airframe and engine manufacturers for both civil and military applications. Wyman-Gordon creates rotating closed-die forgings which are critical for aerospace and land-based gas turbines. Wyman-Gordon also manufactures structural forgings for airframe, nuclear, petrochemical, power generation, and space applications.
Located in Paramount, California, Press Forge is a premium supplier of forging services and products to commercial and military aerospace, nuclear, oil and gas exploration, and industrial markets. We are the largest forger in the United States dedicated to the conversion of customer owned material. Our commitment is to process your material to your exact requirements with the flexibility and short lead times only a company our size can provide. We are the experts in material conversion and forging of titanium, steel, and high temperature alloys.
Under direct supervision, level one quality technicians perform basic inspections tasks relating to in-process inspection, final inspection and receiving inspection. The Quality Technician is responsible for sampling, measuring and verifying that manufactured products meet pre-determined quality standards, ensuring effective production operation during shift and assisting the shop floor crew to avoid downtime or nonproduction time. This position calls upon a basic understanding of shop math, print reading, measuring tools, product segregation, and quality reporting. 0-1 YOE
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or competency needed for successful performance in the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Comply with PCC Code of Conduct Requirements and all PCC Cardinal Rules (e.g., Quality and Safety).
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable Company policies and procedures.
- In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of Company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Generate loading map and Process Observation Sheets.
- Witness Load Up and light-up forge furnaces.
- Measure the temperature of forged parts using an Infrared Optical Pyrometer.
- Measure hot and cold forged parts and document dimensions.
- Document fixed process requirements, such as cooling method, temperature deviation and wall reduction when applicable.
- Operate forklift and manipulators.
- Communicate with the Press Crew and document any deviations and report to Quality Manager.
- Ensure a clean and safe work area.
- Data Entry to complete shift paperwork and SPC.
- Assist in production as necessary.
- Cover multiples crews when required.
- Assist with furnace curing and minor preventive maintenance or repairs when required.
- Considerable care must be exercised when performing duties in order to avoid downtime or non-production time.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Relevant certificate of completion from a technical school preferred but not required.
- Experience in forge industry is highly preferred but not required.
- 1+ years of related work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Forging and manufacturing environments.
- Will be working near operating furnaces and constantly exposed to dirt, noise and the extreme heat of hot furnaces.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
This description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.
The job may require additional hours beyond a 40-hour workweek.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer commit ted to recruit, hire, train and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
Note: This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This requisition is closed to applications.