IT Support Specialist 2
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Permaswage, A PCC Company is looking for a full-time IT Support Specialist to provide technical
support for our staff. The right candidate will have 3-5 years experience providing enterprise-level
support preferably in a manufacturing environment, and possess technical certifications from
Microsoft, Cisco, or CompTIA.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide desktop support for Office 365 and various manufacturing applications, ERP software,
VPN and mobile devices
• Assist with onboarding new users and deploying new hardware and software
• Perform regular reconciliation of endpoint security applications, remediating any missing
updates or patches
• Maintains an accurate IT asset inventory including additions, changes, and disposal of
• Escalates unresolved problems to other technical resources as appropriate.
• Administers user account access in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
• Utilizes helpdesk ticketing system for approval workflows and documenting problem resolution
• Maintain documentation pertaining to installation procedures or work instructions as
• Employee is expected to perform other duties as directed
• Experience working with and troubleshooting Microsoft operating systems in a similar
environment including Windows 10 and Windows Server 2008 or later.
• Experience with manual and/or automated Windows deployment administration. Exposure to
Microsoft System Center a plus.
• Cisco/Juniper networking experience a plus.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment a plus.
• Strong team player with excellent written and communications skills.
• Industry certifications from CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco, or Juniper a plus.
• Availability to work flexible schedules or weekends
Level of Education:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field