Production Control Specialist
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The Production Control Specialist will maintain and run to ground risk items pertaining to customer needs. They will coordinate activities amongst departments to ensure projects are flowing efficiently through our supply chain. The Production Control Specialist is the primary contact for Customer Service risk items. The role will also have a large emphasis on Process Improvement Projects, Lean Action Workout coordination, and in person vendor/customer contact as needed.
Core Job Functions
1) Implement a consistent Risk Schedule Weekly to assist in Slot Planning, Load/Capacity analysis, and Sales & Operations Planning.
2) Maintain and improve the current Plant Production schedule to balance Customer due dates, equipment cycle times, and shop variables and constraints by highlighting risk. Drive high OTD and complete shipments.
3) Devise and coordinate Metrics around OTD, Backlog, Pending Orders, & adherence to schedule.
1) Experience in Manufacturing preferred but not required.
2) Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel
3) Experience in SAP/Oracle/JDE or major ERP system. Oracle ERP system experience preferred.
4) Practical interaction and experience with Sourcing, Quality, Customer Service, and Engineering preferred.
5) Ability to balance multiple priorities & communicate a clear plan to the various internal & external customers.
6) Ability to translate multiple variables and timetables into a single, cohesive plan to drive Fulfillment to the customer and a profitable production mix for the factory.
7) Experience with steel or pipe manufacturing a plus.