Manager, VAR Melt Operations - Morgantown PA
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Manage and direct VAR Shop and melted product shipping operations to meet delivery commitments, quality and specification requirements, financial (cost) commitments, safety goals, and continuous process and product improvements.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Engineering from four-year college or university and minimum of 3 years of related experience. (BSEE preferred)
- Furnace construction management experience a plus
- Titanium experience would be very helpful (desired – not required).
- Ability and desire to manage a 24 hour per day, 7 day per week manufacturing operation.
- Ability to work overtime as needed work with back-shift personnel, solve problems, and respond to emergencies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Statistical knowledge/experience desired, and ISO9000 experience is helpful
- Strong leadership and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with all organization levels
- Personal Computer Skills (MS Office experience desired)
Relocation is authorized for this position.