With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for the strict adherence to financial policies and procedures to ensure the accuracy of financial reporting, a strong control environment, and protection of company assets against loss. The Accounting Manager reports into the Controller and is a crucial member of the Accounting team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Direct and perform account reconciliation process to maintain integrity of Operation’s general ledger and its supported subsystems.
- Oversee and supervise A/R, A/P and payroll functions within the Operation.
- Review, analyze, evaluate and interpret financial forecasts and operating results.
- Provide information of results and recommend corrective actions to address unfavorable variances.
- Produce weekly, monthly and/or quarterly financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Prepare business activity reports, financial forecasts and annual budgets.
- Report and monitor on the deployment of cost saving programs and the impact to the Operation.
- Support compliance with corporate policy including SOX.
- Assist in the monthly closing by reviewing and preparing various entries for departmental charges.
- Prepare statements for Flex P & L, variable, fixed, etc.
- Support and counsel Controller and Operation leadership team on financial implications for operating strategies, cost control actions and decisions.
- Work with internal and outside auditors concerning financial reporting.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and operational innovation and regularly interact with business owners and senior level management on accounting matters
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Accounting or Finance (advanced degree, CPA, or CMA preferred).
- Prior managerial experience, specifically in the area of AP/AR and general accounting
- Minimum 7 years financial experience in progressively responsible positions within global, multi-site/cultural manufacturing organizations, a demonstrated track record of accountability and achievement.
- Strong leadership, project management and communication skills.
- Strong skills and knowledge of accounting theory, application of financial principles (GAAP) & Standard Cost Accounting.
- Working knowledge of budgeting and forecasting processes, profitability and variance analysis.
- Demonstrated track record of financial control and analysis within a complex manufacturing environment.
- SOX knowledge a must.
- Experience working with ERP systems; QAD or Syteline preferred
- Strong managerial presence that reflects a “hands-on”, participative, pro-active operating style.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven experience in optimizing accounting processes
- Ability to work in a dynamic accounting department, successfully juggling daily responsibilities, projects and deliverables
- Excellent analytical skills
- Liaison with auditors including internal, external and SOX audits.
- Detailed oriented and flexible within an ever-changing environment.
- Excellent PC computer skills with advanced Excel spreadsheet experience
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer commit ted to recruit, hire, train and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.