Quality Technician / Day Shift - LPC / (Portland, OR)
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
To plan, schedule, supervise and perform a wide variety of procedures, processes or inspections and experiments to support Quality organization and manufacture of parts. To apply in-depth knowledge in major field to complex problems and new technologies. To plan and execute major projects from general guidelines. To act as project leader and coordinate the work with other functions. May be required to work with hazardous waste.
- Support Quality Engineers on customer topics, including but not limited to, specification reviews, customer feedback investigations, customer audits, purchase order reviews, etc.
- Facilitate and lead ZDP activities across the campus.
- Support the Quality Engineer to devise and submit concessions via the required processes. Meet customer requirements to gain access to necessary portals for submissions.
- Lead DSQR (source inspection) activities for campus. Meet customer requirements for certification.
- Support Quality improvement and cost reduction activities for the campus.
- Obtain certification for and support all audit activities as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 6 - 7 years prior relevant experience or A.S or A.A. degree and 5 - 7 years of specific relevant technical experience or B.S. degree with 2 - 3 years of specific relevant experience or equivalent training and experience.
- Considerable knowledge of and familiarity with scientific principles and laboratory techniques, and specialized, in-depth knowledge in major field; basic knowledge of related fields.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to apply and adapt a wide variety of technical procedures under general directions and to complete work independently.
- Experience developing new techniques in major field.
- Ability to plan, schedule, evaluate and coordinate a variety of major projects.
- Knowledge of NDTE, quality, and material testing equipment and processes.
- May be required to complete hazardous waste management training.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point. Working knowledge of Solid Works and Mini Tab (preferred).