Assembly Level One
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Located in Gardena California, Permaswage designs and manufactures separable and permanent fluid fittings and installation tolling for aerospace and defense applications.
Level One: Under direct supervision, level one assembly mechanic will perform a variety of entry level assembly tasks. These tasks require basic competencies in determining the right tool for the job, reading technical documents, prints and work instructions, using templates, jigs and fixtures to execute minor part-fitting operations such as filing, sawing, burring, crimping, trimming, framing, mixing and using two-part sealants and epoxy, riveting, installing freeze fit bushings, drilling, as well as reaming and counter sinking close tolerance holes. In addition, level one assembly mechanics will use basic handheld measuring tools such as scales, micrometers and calipers to verify part dimensions and have evidence of strong mechanical aptitude. 0-1 YOE
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safely and efficiently operate assembly tooling equipment.
- Assemble fittings and assemblies.
- Interact with production tracking tools such as Avante or E1 to charge time to job orders and claim parts at the end of the shift.
- Perform SPC as required.
- The ability to perform basic to intermediate assembly tasks.
- Intermediate knowledge of common assembly tools and their uses.
- A basic knowledge of shop math including fractions, decimals and simple geometry.
- Basic print reading competencies.
- A firm understanding of and ability to use a wide range of inspection tools.
- DAP training
- 0-3 years of experience
Level of Education:
- GED or High School diploma preferred but not required.