Automation Engineer - SMP
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The Automation Engineer creates automated systems for use in a production and manufacturing environment. Collaborates with departmental and management to determine existing automation capabilities and future opportunities, creating detailed project road maps for automation projects that support business objectives.
- Develop, test and maintain automation infrastructure
- Integrate, maintain and debug PLC and computer systems and programs used in assigned automation projects.
- Interface with Process Control, Product, Manufacturing Engineering, and Manufacturing Leaders on all assigned automation projects.
- Ensure compliance to Software Quality Assurance when programming or maintaining automation code.
- Author, edit or compile all technical procedures pertaining to operation of new or updated software systems. Assist and instruct others on use of new or updated automation software systems.
- Robotic Programming (Fanuc, ABB or other)
- Identify potential areas of improvement and design a plan for implementation
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mechatronics, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a relevant technical field.
- Two to Four years of experience with Allen Bradley PLC’s, PC Human- Machine Interface Packages, Ignition or Factory Talk
- Two to Four years of experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Strong ability with software testing and validation
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and process improvement ability
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and accountability for assigned projects
- Ability to work flexible hours to support automated systems
- Demonstrated ability to stay current with technology and maintains knowledge; learns new technology quickly
- Proven experience of taking initiative and having a strong sense of urgency
- Robotic programming of Fanuc, ABB or other robots
- Vision system experience (Cognex or Keyence)
- Recognizes variable cost opportunities and implements solutions accordingly
- Ability to read electrical prints and troubleshoot electrical systems
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident (green card holder)