With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Carlton Forge Works produces seamless rolled rings as well as open and closed-die forgings for the aerospace, gas turbine, industrial, commercial, and nuclear industries while using one of the most extensive lines of equipment and truly skilled craftsmen anywhere.
Assists workers engaged in fabrication of forged products by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or competency needed for successful performance in the role.
- Knows the roles and relationships of each member of the press or hammer crew and where they are and their responsibilities during the operation of the press or hammer.
- Basic ability to read and understand shop traveler, operating procedures, daily production reports and other work instructions.
- Sweeps dies, operates all furnace controls (door, hearth and car), cleans and lubricates dies, functions as scale blower and operates tools required to set dies and trimmers.
- After a predefined training period is completed, has gained a basic knowledge of materials and forging practices; safe operation of floor manipulators.
- Sets up and uses impression stamps.
- Cleans work area, machines, tools, and equipment.
- Comply with PCC Code of Conduct Requirements and all PCC Cardinal Rules (e.g., Quality and Safety).
- In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of Company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Relevant certificate of completion from a technical school preferred but not required.
- Experience in forge industry is highly preferred but not required.
- 1+ years of related work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer commit ted to recruit, hire, train and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
Note: This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.