Planner - Cherry
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Under minimal direction, purchases tooling, supplies and/or equipment, plans
and follows-up with internal customers and external suppliers. Responsible for
scheduling work orders and shop floor control to ensure that production meets
1. Runs daily tooling report to update systems from previous days transactions.
2. Interfaces with internal customers on tooling needs.
3. Orders tooling from suppliers.
4. Creates purchase orders use tooling system and QAD
5. Update tooling system with each tooling request and purchase order.
6. Requests quotes from suppliers and evaluates best price.
7. Complies with all environmental safe practices and regulations. Reads all
MSDS’ and possesses thorough knowledge of all oil and chemical labeling
and storage requirements.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
MINIMUM EDUCATION: • Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, APICS certification preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: • 3-5 years related experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Basic math to include algebra
• Blueprint reading
• Compose internal/external letters and memos
• Coordinate lead time on tooling ordered
• Data entry using QAD, Excel, Word, Schedule +, E-mail, FoxPro, Tooling System
• Micrometer, caliper
• Have some knowledge of headers and thread roller
• Photocopier, PC, fax machine
• Follow instructions from blueprint, PO’s, employee’s requests
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION • None