NDT Level III
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The Airfoils’ Division Level 3 conducts and leads efforts in nondestructive examination of aerospace and industrial gas turbine components using the appropriate methodology (i.e. magnetic particle, liquid penetrant, eddy current, radiographic, ultrasonic, or other types of nondestructive test processes and equipment). These activities will include collaborating with engineering, quality, sales, manufacturing and other representatives at the manufacturing site level, and with our customers, in planning, scheduling and coordinating the implementation of inspection programs in compliance with customer requirements and engineering specifications.
- At the division level; recommend, develop, and conduct inspection training programs, methods, and sampling techniques that will assure economical and effective product appraisal to customer specifications and standards.
- Coordinates activities at the site level to integrate objectives in compliance with division goals.
- Analyze and interpret quality data, conducts research on product defects, and recommend modification in products or quality standards, where such appear to be warranted.
- At the site level, develop and administer a continuing program of review and analysis of the audit and inspection processes, and the product produced by those processes, to assure continuous reliability of the inspection processes.
- Serves as a liaison with customers, visits customers and suppliers where necessary on specific NDT matters.
- Ensures compliance with customers and government regulations as pertaining to RT and PT according to NAS 410 and SNT-TC-1A. This includes active participation in Nadcap and other regulatory audits.
- Provide guidance or training to site level NDT personnel to assist in qualification and re-certification as necessary.
- All employees have an affirmative duty to protect and maintain the confidentiality of company.
- Protracted or irregular hours, along with some travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, relentlessly execute and deliver results in conformance with action plans working hands on with the team to achieve objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- Pragmatic and results oriented with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management, employees, suppliers and customers.
- Highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Strategic vision for new and future NDT technology to support manufacturing and operational excellence.
- Must be able to work on multiple tasks, have good decision-making skills, and be detail oriented.
- Ability to read engineering drawings, specifications and other technical literature.
- Conversant and/or certified in standard and advanced NDT methods (i.e. FPI, UT, X-Ray, Neutron Radiography CR, DR and CT)
Experience & Education
- S. in Technical Discipline or four years’ experience in NDT method(s) or combination of both.
- NDT documentation including NAS 410 Level 3 certification(s)
- Excellent communicator and capable of interacting with all levels of the organization.
Relocation is authorized for this position.