With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The Plant Manager will be responsible for the management, directing, and coordination of manufacturing operations for designated departments. Must ensure the achievement of production requirements, quality and reliability requirements, and on-time delivery at the lowest cost. These objectives will be achieved in part by collaborating with Engineering, Quality, Human Resources, Information Systems and motivating the production workforce. Responsible for and delivering results through Lean Manufacturing techniques, 6S, TOC, Six Sigma and problem solving.
- Responsible to safely manufacture a quality product while meeting customer specifications and delivery commitments
- Ensure adherence to process control procedures, operating instructions, and all quality control instructions
- Formulates long and short-range strategies for continuous improvements for all plant manufacturing functions
- Control quality, delivery, cost of production, work in process levels, and monitors production through planning
- Recommends and purchases new equipment for expansion, efficiency, cost reductions, quality or improvement
- Provide input on the design and installation of equipment for new manufacturing processes
- Ensure Cardinal Rules of Safety are followed at all times by every employee in the department
- Manage operational metrics including TOC, variable cost, and LU targets daily, weekly, and monthly
- Lead plant teams which includes hiring, performance evaluations, and talent development
- Maintains and enhances a team environment and motivates the production workforce
- Establish and execute annual operating budgets for departments and meet the budget
- Oversee manufacturing plans and maintains production schedules
- Controls cost to manufacture, work-in-process inventory, and thru-put
- Oversee allocation of material, manpower and equipment resources
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Successful experience in related production operations management.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, relentlessly execute and deliver results in conformance with action plans.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Highly organized, self-motivated individual who can effectively lead a collaborative team environment.
- Strategic vision for new and future technology to support manufacturing and operational excellence.
- Prefer background and experience with 6S implementation and management.
- Proven ability to work hands-on with the team to achieve objectives.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in Industrial, Mechanical, or related Engineering field.
- MS or MBA degree is desirable.
- Prefer 10+ years of experience in operations in a manufacturing environment.
- Extensive training in manufacturing processes, supervision, and operations management.
- Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing, and Six Sigma Certification.
Not at All
Sitting in a chair
Other climbing (type)
Walking of rough surfaces
Near moving machinery
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
Visit us at www.precast.com
Relocation is authorized for this position.