General Manager - Tilton
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Lead the Groton, Connecticut and/or Tilton, New Hampshire businesses through positive leadership and communication. Build an organization where employees are engaged, empowered and collaboration is the norm. Be the change agent that creates an organization where engineering enhancements and manufacturing improvements are used as a competitive advantage in growing the business. Create a metrics driven, highly accountable mindset within the organization.
- Responsible for the safe manufacture of products, safety in the areas of supervision, and maintaining a safe work environment. Emphasizes accident prevention. Ensures that legal requirements and company safety policy is enforced.
- Responsible for adherence to process control procedures, operating instructions, and all quality control instructions. Prime responsibility to safely manufacture a quality product with minimal scrap or rework, while meeting customer specifications.
- Establishes and executes annual operating budget for all areas of responsibility. Responsible to make or beat the budget. Takes appropriate action to correct deviations from budgets or operating plans. This often entails the development of a new schedule.
- Formulates long and short-range strategies for all plant manufacturing. These include equipment planning and personnel utilization.
- Controls the quality, delivery, cost of production, working process levels, and monitors production through manufacturing planning.
- Daily review of the business metrics (financial, thru-put, and quality) and provide direction as required.
- Directs and is responsible for hiring, training, career progression planning, performance appraisals, salary changes, promotions, and disciplinary action of personnel for subordinates.
- Coordinates and attends regular staff, operations, sales and strategic planning meetings.
- Recommends and purchases new equipment for expansion, efficiency, cost reductions, quality, or improvement.
- Present the operating results, business forecast and future action plans in the Manufacturing Operations Review meetings with Corporate.
- Maintains and enhances a team environment and a motivated and effective work force.
- Provides effective communication to customer on product delivery.
- Bachelor of Science degree in business and/or engineering with 10-15 years’ practical experience in various manufacturing related assignments.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to work long hours and make critical decisions in a high stress, demanding environment.
- Effective in communicating with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated effective leadership in building a cohesive leadership team and developing talent.
- Demonstrated business, financial, process and manufacturing analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating internally and externally with all facets of the process manufacturing cycle (supply chain through end use customer).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Relocation is authorized for this position.