Quality Inspector Level 2 (1st shift)
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Wyman-Gordon is a worldwide supplier to the aerospace and industrial gas turbine markets. We hold quality accreditations for all the major airframe and engine manufacturers for both civil and military applications. Wyman-Gordon creates rotating closed-die forgings which are critical for aerospace and land-based gas turbines. Wyman-Gordon also manufactures structural forgings for airframe, nuclear, petrochemical, power generation, and space applications.
Located in Ontario, CA, Summit Machine specializes in the rough and finish machining of super alloys for the aerospace, commercial, defense, power, and petroleum industries. Complex components include nickel base, titanium, stainless steel, aluminum and carbon steels with parts ranging in size from 2” OD – 120” OD.
Working under minimal supervision, Quality Inspectors perform First Article, In-Process, and Final Inspection tasks demonstrating intermediate to advanced knowledge of shop math, print reading, measuring tools, product segregation, and quality reporting. The successful candidate will have experience performing these inspections in a metal machine-shop aerospace manufacturing environment and have proficient knowledge with GD&T.
This position is to support 1st shift operations (M - F, 4:30am - 1:00pm).
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Utilizing internal/external documents, inspector will validate product meets dimensional requirements
• Perform first article inspections to certify a process will yield conforming product
• Utilize Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) to validate GD&T requirements
• Create non-conforming reports when defects are found
• Conduct visual tests and measurements using appropriate equipment and methods.
• Perform inspections by measuring various dimensions (length, height, width) using precision instruments, i.e., calipers, micrometers, dial indicator, and/or CMM.
• The ability to read and write English
• The ability to perform shop math, fractions, decimals
• The ability to perform visual inspections
• The ability to use basic inspection tools such as micrometers, calipers, and dial indicators
• The ability to navigate a computer to locate process documents – computer skills
• The ability to read and interpret work instructions and basic prints
• The ability to analyze information and interpret drawings (ASME Y14.5)
• The ability to apply metrology techniques and participate or promote process improvements
• The ability to locate reference points on product and measure dimensions using a combination of aids and precision tools
• The ability to apply AS9100 standards to inspection process
• The ability to be a team player and contribute to incident data and problem-solving methods in MRB process
Experience & Education:
• High school diploma, GED, or equivalent is required
• 2 years of relevant inspection experience is required
• Experience in manufacturing, automotive, aerospace or similar industry is required
• CNC machine shop environment is preferred
Reasons to Work for Summit:
Summit Machine offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes company-paid life insurance, low-cost medical/dental/vision and other voluntary options that become effective on the 1st of the month following hire date; Quarterly Cash Bonus (QCB) program; 401(k) company match; tuition reimbursement; scholarship program for children of employees; clear progression paths for all production positions; company-provided tools & toolboxes; air-conditioned & temperature controlled work environments; company-provided uniforms, prescription safety glasses, and meta-tarsal shoes, and all direct hires are immediately eligible for holiday pay in accordance with company policies. We provide on-the-job training to all entry-level applicants with the right attitude and willingness to learn. Come work for us and see what your benefit will be!
Note: This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.