With more than 120 operations and about 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 20,000 people worldwide. PCC has over 120 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
- Level one and two responsibilities apply to level three, with the following additional duties:
- Fully operate multiple machine platforms as needed, including CNC and conventional Mills and Lathes.
- Perform complex setups without assistance on a number of machine platforms, including 3 and 5 axis machines.
- Perform complex inspection tasks to validate and respond to dimensional requirements and specifications utilizing advanced GD&T and print reading abilities.
- Validate programs and first part runs on newly developed product.
- Assist in accurate and safe full machine recovery.
- Other duties as assigned
- Typically this position requires evidence of success in level two machining duties for at least one year prior to promotion or hire.
- 4-6 years of experience
- GED or High School diploma preferred but not required.
- Advanced competencies in machine platform operation in order to demonstrate cross training flexibility, which includes operating conventional machines at a basic level.
- Advanced ability in job setup and verification.
- Advanced knowledge of GD&T and inspection processes.
- Machining trouble shooting skills applied to first part runs and machine recovery.
- Intermediate understanding of CNC programing, editing and simple tooling creation.
- Basic CAD/CAM exposure
- Position requires the ability to lift up to 35 lbs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.