With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures, and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost, and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Employee’s essential duties and accountabilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Inspect, repair, and maintain electrical parts of all machinery and equipment in the plant.
- Includes all forging, trimming, saws, die sinking machines, numerical control machines, welders, cranes, furnaces, laboratory, research equipment, door operators, elevators, substations, and generators.
- Study electrical drawings, manuals, and parts lists analyze the defective operation, and make necessary repairs including repair or replacement of necessary parts.
- Rewire or make necessary alterations to existing electrical circuits to fit specific needs for machine or equipment operation.
- Do all necessary electrical work for installation of any kind of machinery or equipment, including such items as substations and data process equipment.
- Perform any required electrical work in the installation of new buildings and facilities or rebuilding, changing, and maintaining of existing facilities.
- Make preventative maintenance inspections on equipment as required, do minor repairs on spot, and list any work that should be done to prevent breakdowns or improper operation.
- Rebuild electrical and electronic equipment such as solenoid coils, switches, contactors, relays, radios, and all types and sizes of motors.
- Use a variety of testing equipment to check for load, voltage, grounds, and leakage.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.