Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Wyman-Gordon: Wyman-Gordon is a worldwide supplier to the aerospace and industrial gas turbine markets. We hold quality accreditations for all of the major airframe and engine manufacturers for both civil and military applications. Wyman-Gordon creates rotating closed-die forgings which are critical for aerospace and land-based gas turbines. Wyman-Gordon also manufactures structural forgings for airframe, nuclear, petrochemical, power generation, and space applications.
PCC Rollmet is a leading manufacturer of cold worked and annealed pipe for the petrochemical, energy and defense industries. We provide precision thin wall seamless cylindrical shapes, pipes and tubes across a wide range of materials, including nickel alloy, stainless steel, aluminum, and ferritic alloy. PCC Rollmet has pioneered our unique Cold Roll Extrusion process to manufacture precision thin wall tubes under 0.75” thicknesses. Strengths of our cold roll extruded, solid-solution alloy pipes are greater than those of conventionally manufactured pipe and tube, due to the fine-grain size achieved through cold working and recrystallization.
Level Two: Building upon level one, level two shipping/receiving associates work with minimal supervision to complete all shipping and receiving tasks. Level two associates will demonstrate an intermediate ability to aid in developing new packaging processes and procedures. They are able to navigate the QMS to perform a variety of tasks (issuing material to the shop, research material transactions to solve problems, look at planning detail to understand future demand for inventory) and determine work priority based on the shipping schedule to prepare loads for pickup. Typically, 1-2 years of experience. This position will have occasional driving responsibilities. This role is is expected to follow and execute predetermined routes to move material between facility buildings and local suppliers and customers. Drivers will demonstrate an ability to perform a daily vehicle inspection, read shippers, and verify that their load is aligned with the records in hand. They must also be able to operate a forklife and have the ability to safely load and unload material onto their truck as well as perform a thorough visual inspection verifying that there is no identifiable part defects or damage. They must have the ability to develop their own routes in order to accomplish the set delivery objectives provided to them. At times the deliveries will be out of local area.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Obtain job assignments from supervisor or manager.
- Work safely under functional safety guidelines such as PPE and equipment interaction.
- Adheres to quality processes including in-process inspection to ensure compliance with quality specifications.
- Correctly interpret work orders and verify documentation
- Work in a team environment, i.e. follow instructions and assist others as needed.
- Prepare materials for inspections
- Basic system transactions
- Basic packaging tasks (load kits, labeling, visual inspection etc.)
- Creating basic shipping documentation
- Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform daily housekeeping / 6S activities as required.
- Maintain a clean driving record
- Perform daily vehicle inspections
- Read shippers and verify load for accuracy
- Operate a forklift
- Safely load and unload material onto truck
- Perform visual inspection to verify no defects or damage
- Establish own routes in order to accomplish set delivery objectives
- Occasionally delivery outside of local area
- Observe all safety policies and procedures
- Adhere to the Business Quality Management System (BQMS)
- Assist with packaging as appropriate
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested by supervisor or manager.
- Basic English language skills and the ability to read, follow, and interpret planning and work order instructions
- Forklift Certified (Internal)
- Basic knowledge of shipping processes & equipment
- Basic computer skills
- Licensed driver with a clean driving record
- Ability to read and comprehend shipping documents
- Ability to verify part quantity and perform visual inspection for defects or damage
- The ability to perform basic shop math, fractions, decimals.
- The ability to navigate intranet to locate process documents - basic computer skills
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required due to government military contracts.
Experience & Education
- High school diploma or GED
- 3-5 years of manufacturing experience; prior military experience; or technical certification / degree required
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PCC Rollmet is an equal opportunity employer. The company's policy and practice is to provide equal employment opportunities and to assure those opportunities, without regard to age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions, gender, race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation including gender identity or gender expression, religion, (including religious dress and religious grooming), mental or physical disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, reproductive decision making, or any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal anti-discrimination laws.
This requisition is closed to applications.