With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Carlton Forge Works produces seamless rolled rings as well as open and closed-die forgings for the aerospace, gas turbine, industrial, commercial, and nuclear industries while using one of the most extensive lines of equipment and truly skilled craftsmen anywhere.
Performs clerical duties relating to accounts payable. Verifies, computes, matches, balances and posts invoices. Analyzes invoices for accuracy, traces and investigates transactions to resolve any discrepancies. Will also perform other accounting activities such as maintenance of the general ledger and preparation of various accounting statements, reconciliations and financial reports.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process invoices relating to a group of vendors
- Prepare month end accrual journal entries
- Communicates with a variety of people within and outside PCC to ensure vendor payments are made timely and accurate. Contacts are made daily with all levels of the organization including Engineers, Management, Purchasing, Receiving, etc.
- Audit vendor invoicing by analyzing purchase orders, receiving documents and invoices.
- Performing additional duties, projects and special tasks as assigned
- Assists in month end close activity.
- Associates Degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance, or equivalent knowledge and experience (typically 3-4 years of previous experience).
- Proven ability to plan, organize and prioritize tasks within time constraints.
- 10-Key by touch
- Excellent customer services, oral and written communications skills and the ability to communicate with a wide variety of individuals
- Proficient in operation of excel worksheets
- Knowledge of Oracle, ADP, etc. a plus
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer commit ted to recruit, hire, train and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
Note: This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.