Data Entry Technician - Inspection/Test Lab
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
- QA Surveillance – submit necessary QC information to QA
- Receive and verify Bill of Process (BOP).
- Process certifications, NDT, mechanical testing (internal/vendor).
- Create NCR/Updating existing NCR.
- Create and distribute shipment list/move material in ERP system.
- Prepares MPI, invoices, and other shipping documents with lab specimens for outside shipment.
- File and archive paperwork and electronic records by way of scanning or off-site storage.
- Interact with suppliers to obtain documentation for material release.
- Performs ERP transactions required for material release and tracking.
- Support operations in day-to-day activities.
- Individual needs to develop multi-tasking skills to generate accurate and timely postings for on-time delivery in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage activities to stay on schedule to support productivity expectation.
- Organization skills necessary to plan, track and effectively communicate project schedule performance.
- Tenacity in gathering status information for stakeholders and regularly updating project schedule performance for management and business reviews.
- High School diploma required. Additional education and training desired
- 1-3 years working in manufacturing
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP system
- Knowledge of precision measuring equipment is helpful