Cannon-Muskegon Production Supervisor
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The role is responsible for maintaining expected production schedules and material quality while holding the line with associated variable costs. Expectations are to achieve daily performance and safety goals during any given shift regardless of the obstacles incurred by utilizing proactive management and “out of box” thinking. Must be able to relate to all personnel both hourly and salaried to promote a cooperative interactive relationship with subordinates. Successful candidate must be able to motivate all personnel using a proactive approach to creatively solve equipment and manufacturing problems as well as drive yield improvements and cost reduction efforts
• Responsible and accountable for implementing, enforcing, and promoting safety and 6S initiatives and expectations.
• Supervises, directs, and evaluates the job performance of all production and maintenance personnel within their span of control.
• Develops, coaches, and trains employees in technical work instructions, job procedures and other subjects in accordance with job training requirements.
• Review production employee time and attendance, assign appropriate time codes, and approve vacation requests.
• Responsible and accountable for adhering and enforcing policies defined in the Handbook.
• Responsible and accountable for communicating daily goals/priorities giving by either the production superintendent, manager of production planning or postings via shop communication boards to all personnel.
• Responsible for identifying and providing all training (safety, quality, and operation) for production employees (hourly) and providing proper support documentation.
• Prompt safety/quality/productivity investigations providing proper root cause analysis and corrective action.
• Review all jobs prior to shift start-up to ensure proper labor, equipment and material requirements as well as for the preceding shift.
• Ensure proper procedures are followed during all aspects of production for good process control and product quality.
• Write variances for all non-conforming material or situations.
• Promote proper housekeeping and ensure all work areas are clean, maintained, and safe at all times.
• Maintain and review all assigned checklists, reports and paperwork necessary to provide documentation relative to process control, quality, and payroll and production records.
• Make necessary production system transactions.
• Maintain proper overtime list(s).
• Responsible for tracking and supporting cost reduction efforts.
• Review time sheets for accuracy.
• All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High School diploma, GED, or equivalent and 2+ years of supervisory experience is required.
• Four-year degree preferred in a related field of study (e.g. Engineering, Material Science, Manufacturing Management) and/or equivalent management or technical experience in a like industry such as foundry, forgings or investment casting is preferred.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
• Self-motivated and achievement oriented.
• Working knowledge of MS Office and mainframe spreadsheets & databases.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills a must.
• Computer skills a must (Microsoft Word and Excel, Oracle experience a plus).
• Well organized, ability to keep organized hard and soft data.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Willingness to learn and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Problem solving skills
• Technical Aptitude
• High attention to detail
• Quality Control
• Communication skills
• Job knowledge
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear; frequently required to stand, walk or sit; regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms; occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
The typical work environment is a standard office setting / office contained in a foundry or manufacturing setting. The employee is occasionally required to perform work in a foundry environment with occasional exposure to work near moving mechanical parts / work in high temperatures / risk of electrical shock; the typical noise level is moderate noise.
• The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
• Proof of US citizenship, nationality, and/or permanent resident status in order to comply with all applicable export and import laws and regulations.
• All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
This requisition is closed to applications.