With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Plans, prepare and coordinates activities of skilled and unskilled labor engaged in repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment, and in general building maintenance of an industrial plant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of Company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable Company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of Company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Reviews job orders to determine work priorities in conjunction with maintenance supervisor and manager. Review work orders to prioritize and schedules repair, preventive and general maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment in designated area to ensure continuous production operations.
- Responds promptly to requests from production supervision for maintenance attention of equipment, and coordinates a schedule for repairs. Record machine breakdowns and recommends corrective action.
- Maintain preventive maintenance program in conjunction with engineering and maintenance staff.
- Assist with inspection of operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards.
- Ensures adequate spare parts are available for the equipment in the designated area of responsibility by requisitioning tools, equipment, and supplies required for operations.
- Supports administration of training and indoctrination of workers to improve work performance and acquaint workers with company policies and procedures, including Lean activities, and to improve their understanding of the equipment.
- Confers with management, engineering, and quality control personnel to resolve maintenance problems and recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or five to seven years related experience and/or training in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of managers or employees of the Company.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
Ability to function and communicate in a high noise environment, i.e., a hydraulic press pump room.
Must have a wide practical knowledge of a variety of equipment, such as, but not limited to, overhead cranes, blast cleaning equipment and air compressors.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme heat, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.