Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Aerostructures is a division of Precision Castparts Corp. which is a Fortune 500 company located in Portland, OR. We exercise a single-minded focus on people, profit, and performance.
PCC Aerostructures now includes more than 20 plants in the U.S, Europe and Asia with over 5000 employees. Businesses within PCC Aerostructures include Primus International, SPS Aerostructures, Centra, Avibank and AVK, Klune, ProCoat, Southwest United Industries, Progressive Incorporated, Synchronous, and Kalistrut. Plants locations include Washington, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Ohio, Canada, Mexico, and China.
PCC Aerostructures is a leading supplier of complex components and assemblies to the global aerospace industry.
Progressive was founded and incorporated in 1971 by Guinn Crousen in Arlington, Texas. Heroux-Devtek Inc. purchased Progressive in 2004 who helped to expand the site which has doubled its manufacturing footprint and more than doubled sales and employee base. In August 2012, Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) acquired Progressive, and is now one of the largest footprints within the Aerostructures Division of PCC.
Predominantly, a provider for large, highly complex machined parts, kits and assemblies for OEMs and large Tier One providers for both military and commercial market segments. Progressive Incorporated is now a 271,000 square foot facility with approximately 200 employees. Some of our well-known customers included, but are not limited to, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, IAI, Gulfstream Aerospace, Aurora, Triumph Aerostructures, Spirit Aerosystems, Bell Helicopter, Airbus, and GE Aviation. The Company is fully certified for Revision “C” registration for AS9100.
- Understand, adhere, and demonstrate to the company’s commitment to QUALITY and SAFETY!
- Using engineering drawings, specifications, etc. for reference, inspect detailed machined parts and/or assemblies for conformity to design parameters. Indicate acceptance or rejection on production documentation
- Perform monitoring and measuring device calibrations as assigned
- Complete final inspection and AS9102 first article inspection sheets as required documenting product conformity.
- Maintain a working knowledge of quality assurance procedure requirements as they apply to inspection and manufacturing operations.
- Document nonconforming product as required by internal and/or customer requirements.
- Ensure that tooling used as media of acceptance remain calibrated according to internal and/or customer requirements.
- Ensure that product/material conformity documentation received from subcontractors satisfies engineering specifications
- Ensure correct material handling, identification and traceability of product throughout the manufacturing sequence.
- Perform all functions of a Quality Inspector as required by work load and production schedule needs
- Maintaining regular and punctual attendance according to shift-times or a pre-arranged work schedule.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- 3-5 years of experience working in inspection in an aerospace (or similar environment) machining environment with 3-axis or greater milling machines; 5-axis experience preferred.
- Experience in machining shop with various aluminum alloys, steel and titanium is strongly desired.
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook is preferred.