PCC Aerostructures is a leading supplier of complex components and assemblies to the global aerospace industry.
PCC Aerostructures now includes more than 35 plants in the U.S, Europe and Asia with over 6000 employees and has ambitious growth plans. Businesses within PCC Aerostructures include Primus International, SPS Aerostructures, Centra, Avibank and AVK, Klune, ProCoat, Southwest United Industries, Progressive Incorporated, Synchronous, Andrews Laser Works, and Kalistrut. Plants locations include Washington, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Ohio, Canada, Mexico, the UK and China.
Southwest United Industries Tulsa operates from a 100,000 square feet modern and well-maintained facility in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Former headquarters for Southwest United Industries (prior to acquisition), the site offers single source metal finishing for newly manufactured parts and for repair and overhaul applications.
- Non-Destructive Testing
- Shot Peening
- Thermal Spray
Southwest United Industries was acquired by Precision Castparts Corp. in December, 2012.
- Maintaining regular and punctual attendance according to shift-times or a pre-arranged work schedule.
- Follow all policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Wear and maintain proper personal equipment (PPE), and follows all safety procedures.
- Work independently or as a team member as required by job.
- Safely operates facilities equipment such as power tools, hoists, cranes, forklifts, and scissor lifts.
- Operates machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill, and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools.
- Performs basic plumbing and maintenance to facilities water piping systems.
- Knowledge and performance of basic electrical work to facilities and machinery.
- Perform preventative maintenance to stacks and collection systems, and production holding tanks.
- Perform general repairs and service maintenance of machinery and equipment.
- Studies production schedules, and estimates repair and work completion to better schedule around production.
- Performs paint gun cleaning and repairs.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Performs hazardous waste duties including: change out of paint booth filters, transfer of blast media from collection area to the bulk storage container, and proper storage and disposal of Universal Waste (light bulbs, batteries).
- Will at times require heavy lifting or use of mechanical hoist for the aid in lifting objects.
- Operators will be exposed to various cleaning and production chemicals/odors and occasional fumes, wet/humid conditions (indoors), outside weather conditions, and moderate noise level.
- Operators will frequently be exposed to moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, vibration, and is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
- Must be detail oriented and quick learner.
- Good communicator with ability to represent the Company in a positive manner.
- Excellent vision (whether or not corrected) including normal color vision.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge in the interpretation and development of both electrical and mechanical schematics and drawings.
- Ability to work alone or as a member of a team, good cooperative skills.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Understanding of Facilities layout including; waste treatment pumps and mixers, plating and anodize tank plumbing and rinse water systems, facilities electrical panels and feeders, and overhead sprinkler water systems.
- Systems familiarity including: dust collection systems, chemical fume scrubbers, chemical tank chiller system, and abrasive blast systems
This requisition is closed to applications.