Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Now part of PCC's Engineered Products Division, University Swaging is a unique machining, swaging, and assembly center providing the industry's most technologically advanced structural and kinematic control rod assemblies, flight control mechanisms, and swaged cable assemblies.
Founded in 1947, the company was purchased by Primus in 2000, and before the close of the decade, expanded more than twofold into a new 110,000 square foot facility. The company's success can be attributed to continuity of leadership and a strong vision for growth of capabilities and products. Today the site benefits from shared opportunities and cooperation with KaliStrut Aerospace, which has also maintained a leading market position in the area of metallic rods for more than 35 years.
Recent engineering projects include pylon struts, interior tie rods, hold open rods, flight control rods, wing-to-body fairing support rods, door mechanisms and rods, and structural support rods for Airbus, Boeing, Embraer, and Gulfstream.
Precision Castparts Corp. acquired Primus International in August, 2011.
- Facilitate the recruitment and on-boarding process by: posting positions, reviewing applicant information, scheduling interviews, completing pre-screening items, scheduling start date and new hire orientation, completing new hire paperwork, and entering into HRIS system
- Conduct new hire orientation including scheduling of room, preparation of new hire materials; presentation of available benefit plan options; completion of all new hire paperwork
- Support of employee benefits by answering questions, facilitating enrollment changes, and planning benefit meetings.
- Provide information to all levels of employees regarding personnel policies and procedures
- Maintain electronic employee records including time and attendance (payroll processing), employee information, job data changes, performance reviews, disciplinary actions, terminations, and other data required by the company, carriers or agencies
- Responsible for workers compensation with employees and managers and file apppropriate paperwork
- Maintain employee files assuring compliance with applicable governmental regulations
- Furnish employee information as needed to authorized sources in support of SOX requirements
- Run reports and gather data for metrics or other reporting purposes
- Perform other duties as assigned
Educational Qualifications: BS/BA
Work Experience: 2-4 years or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of human resources experience, specifically with employee relations, benefits and payroll processing
- Ability to make recommendations on changes in approach, concepts, and the design of solutions as a member of a team
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing and ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Detailed, accurate, and organized with ability to manage mutliple priorities simultaneously
- Able to inform others about company benefits, policies, and procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, prior experience using HRIS systems
- Able to build relationships and handle confidential and sensitive information responsibly