Maintenance Technician Level 4
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
- Work safely under functional safety guidelines such as PPE and equipment interaction.
- Mechanical-. Able to do any machine mechanical repair and or rebuild. Able to do any machine alignment such as spindle to spindle and y-axis. Pull and replace machine such as axis linear guides and ball screws. Able to rebuild/over haul any spindle including pulling out any integrated spindle motor stator.
- Electrical & Electronic: Diagnose, locate and correct malfunctions of electrical & electronic system such as machine controls, recorders, servo/axis drives, servo motors, defective transformers, relays, contactors, fuses, sensors, etc.
- As the senior maintenance staff of the department applies knowledge, skill, experience, and problem solving skills in the complete maintenance, test, repair, modification and rebuild of all production machinery and equipment
- Help Supervisor or Manager with scheduling PM, reading report, diagrams and drawings
- Plan, layout, and fabricate replacement parts for major rebuilding of precision machine tools where set up and operation to exacting tolerances is required
- Plan methods required to maintain, test, repair, or modify various types of industrial electronic controls and systems.
- Respond to repair request
- Teaches subject matter to lower level mechanics though on the job training, demonstrations
- Analyze and coordinate resolutions of technical problems or assist when solving problems including contacts outside own department as required. .
- Interface with manufacturers on line tech support when needed
- Recommend improved work methods and procedures, assist in training employs
- Perform related work as required
- This position requires high level experience working with mechanical processes and methods
- Experience and considerable knowledge of the methods, materials, and equipment used in the maintenance and repair of various types of NC, lathes, mills,, presses, etc.
- Ability to analyze, rebuild, repair NC machinery and other types of equipment’s
- Ability to work effectively and establish good working relationships with other employees
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables; ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or scheduled form.
- Meet the physical and mental requirements as established in these job descriptions
- 10-15 years’ experience
- The ability to read and write English.
- A high level competence in shop math such as working with fractions and decimals.
- A high level knowledge of hand tools and mechanical application regarding nuts and bolts.
- A high level knowledge of part holding methods and procedures.
- A high level knowledge NC equipment, electrical and electronic controls
- The ability to interact with computers and CNC controls at a high level
- The ability to interact and troubleshoot hydraulic and pneumatic systems at high level
- The ability to read electrical and machine drawings and diagrams at high level
- The ability to perform complex Preventive Maintenance for all NC, lathes, etc. following equipment checklists and run a PM report with ball bar diagram
- Ability to lead and instruct low level maintenance
- GED or High School diploma preferred but not required.
- CNC maintenance training and certification