Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Airfoils, LLC, headquartered in Greater Cleveland, Ohio, is a world leader in the fast-paced, high-tech industry of investment casting. Each of the sixteen (16) Airfoils’ locations play an integral part in the manufacture of blades, vanes and components for use in gas turbine engines. PCC’s parts are found on virtually all commercial & military aircraft, as well as, industrial gas turbine applications in the free world. Our product plays a significant role in the evolution of the light-weight, fuel-efficient engines of the next generation.
The Airfoils Division is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Precision Castparts Corp. and was acquired by Berkshire Hathaway in February 2016. The company currently has an overall sales volume of over $10 Billion, employing in excess of 30,000 individuals throughout 130 locations in the U.S. and worldwide. PCC is seeking individuals with high personal and professional standards who will thrive in a fast-paced, goal oriented work environment.
- Plan, implement, and enhance Automated Manufacturing Systems.
- Assume responsibility to integrate, maintain, program and debug HMI, robot, computer systems and programs used in assigned automation projects.
- Interface with Process Control, Product Engineering and manufacturing personnel on all assigned automation projects.
- Author, edit or compile all Technical Procedures pertaining to operation of new or updated software systems. Assist & instruct others on use of new or updated automation software systems.
- Ability to apply computer science skills in developing manufacturing real-time data acquisition and control systems.
- Able to recognize variable cost opportunity and implement solutions accordingly.
- Be available for off-shift support for all automated software systems where designated as systems manager.
- Other duties assigned by Supervision.
- B. S. in Computer Science, Mechatronics, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder).
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLC’s, PC Human-Machine Interface packages, Visual Basic, Microsoft .NET, and Microsoft SQL
- Able to prioritize according to business needs, in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Fanuc Robotics programming and setup experience.
- Industrial Controls Security knowledge a plus..
- Experience with other industrial control packages a plus.