Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
At PCC Mentor, we believe that access to reliable power and freedom of travel are essential rights for all. How we support our belief is by manufacturing highly complex investment castings utilizing proprietary technology for use in industrial gas turbine and aerospace engines. Our highly skilled team members make our vision a reality.
We have a long history of changing the world and meeting the needs of our customers which is highlighted by our ten-fold growth since 1998. A large multi-million dollar expansion project was completed in 2008 to enable the Mentor plant to meet customer demands. Due to this expansion the Mentor Operation now consists of two manufacturing locations, Mentor and Renaissance Parkway (Painesville).
As the world’s need for power and aerospace technology continues to grow, so does our need for team members that believe in our vision. If you are looking for an opportunity to help power the world, a career at PCC Mentor may be right for you.
- Assists wax supervision in optimizing overall performance by performing specific duties;
- Coordinate supplies to and from RP to keep both Mentor and RP operations running efficiently
- Inventory management – responsible for wax physical inventory (including coordination)
- Process paperwork; Issue requisitions and shipping papers for supplies, SOP and EP changes (if required).
- Support wax operation that includes supporting weekends, holidays and vacations as needed. May be required to work 3rd shift temporarily to support supervision, training, and transitions for the wax management team.
- Ensure key performance measures for the wax department are tracked and posted
- Develop strong user knowledge with AQCS scheduling, and Microsoft Office (excel/ppt.)
Knowledge of wax operation preferred
High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution preferred, but may be substituted by experience.
- Incumbent must physically and mentally perform the job demands as listed.
- Computer skills including the ability to use Microsoft Office (Excel and Word) and Lot Control.
- Able to meet deadlines and be accountable for quality/ quantity; have strong sense of urgency.
- Able to work flexible hours with a history of dependability as demonstrated with strong attendance record. Comfortable using a team approach to problem solving.
- Individual must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently; maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and supervisors.