Operations Manager- Mentor, OH
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
At PCC Mentor, we believe that access to reliable power and freedom of travel are essential rights for all. How we support our belief is by manufacturing highly complex investment castings utilizing proprietary technology for use in industrial gas turbine and aerospace engines. Our highly skilled team members make our vision a reality.
We have a long history of changing the world and meeting the needs of our customers which is highlighted by our ten-fold growth since 1998. A large multi-million dollar expansion project was completed in 2008 to enable the Mentor plant to meet customer demands. Due to this expansion the Mentor Operation now consists of two manufacturing locations, Mentor and Renaissance Parkway (Painesville).
As the world’s need for power and aerospace technology continues to grow, so does our need for team members that believe in our vision. If you are looking for an opportunity to help power the world, a career at PCC Mentor may be right for you.
- Develop manufacturing plans and maintain production schedules.
- Supervise allocation of material, manpower and equipment resources.
- Ensure adherence to process control procedures, operating instructions, and all quality control instructions.
- Responsible for safe manufacturing quality product with minimal scrap or rework, while meeting customer specifications and delivery commitments.
- Ensure that the legal requirements and company safety policy are enforced.
- Establish and execute annual operating budgets for area under supervision. Responsible to make or beat the budget. Take appropriate action to correct deviations from budgets or operating plans.
- Prepare and review budget allocations and ensure profitable operation of plant, including cost reduction programs.
- Formulate long and short-range strategies for continuous improvements for all plant manufacturing functions.
- Control quality, delivery, cost of production, work in process levels, and monitors production through manufacturing planning.
- Recommend and purchase new equipment for expansion, efficiency, cost reductions, quality or improvement.
- Maintain and enhance a team environment and motivates the Mentor production workforce.
- Maintain favorable employee relations through interaction with the Human Resources Manager.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Work experience of 5-10+ years in manufacturing engineering, operations or material management
- At least five years experience in a leadership role
- Understanding of manufacturing mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference
- Problem solving and critical thinking; ability to solve problems using data and defined problem-solving methodologies; comfort with day-to-day use of Six Sigma and Theory of Constraints
- U.S. Person’s Status is Required (Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check including drug screen and physical
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.