Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
At PCC Mentor, we believe that access to reliable power and freedom of travel are essential rights for all. How we support our belief is by manufacturing highly complex investment castings utilizing proprietary technology for use in industrial gas turbine and aerospace engines. Our highly skilled team members make our vision a reality.
We have a long history of changing the world and meeting the needs of our customers which is highlighted by our ten-fold growth since 1998. A large multi-million dollar expansion project was completed in 2008 to enable the Mentor plant to meet customer demands. Due to this expansion the Mentor Operation now consists of two manufacturing locations, Mentor and Renaissance Parkway (Painesville).
As the world’s need for power and aerospace technology continues to grow, so does our need for team members that believe in our vision. If you are looking for an opportunity to help power the world, a career at PCC Mentor may be right for you.
- Responsible for the overall leadership, direction, coordination, and evaluation of assigned process area.
- Achieve daily metrics including ESH, productivity, scarp, dock, sales and other significant measures.
- Use the daily flex to monitor and manage key metrics especially variable spending; manger must understand spending details on a daily basis.
- Maintain proper staffing levels to achieve budgeted levels of performance.
- Analyze processes to improve efficiency (includes purchase of new capital equipment, planning arrangement of equipment, use of cost-effective production techniques) and achieve cost reduction expectations.
- Implement lean manufacturing methods (6S, flow, visual organizations, etc.)
- Ensure that manufacturing documentation procedures and protocol are followed at all times.
- Monitor scrap yield and part efficiencies on existing programs to ensure achievement on budget.
- Conducts weekly or bi-weekly employee communications meetings.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Work experience of 3-5+ years in manufacturing engineering, operations or material management.
- At least two years in a leadership role
- Understanding of manufacturing mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical interference
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills
- Ability to solve problems using data and defined problem-solving methodologies; comfort with using Theory of Constraints and Six Sigma