Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Structurals is the world leader in superalloy, aluminum and titanium investment casting. With applications in jet aircraft engines, airframes, industrial gas turbine (IGT) engines, military armaments, medical prosthesis, and many other industrial markets, we provide a wide portfolio of high-quality components, some as large as 100 inches (250cm).
As the original business unit for Precision Castparts, you can count on PCC Structurals’ extensive experience and knowledge to consistently provide high-quality castings, even at significant volumes.
PCC Structurals also provides solidification modeling, in-house rapid prototyping (including SLA), digital radiography, hot isostatic pressing, precision machining and protective coating services. We operate 11 manufacturing facilities in the United States and Europe.
- Develops and implements an effective EHS management program with associated performance tracking and measurement systems. Collaborates with management/departments to analyze the program’s effectiveness and drive actions based on this analysis.
- Manages and interfaces on a daily basis with EHS team members. Directs departmental resources to maximize the department’s daily contribution towards a safe and compliant atmosphere in the facility. Coaches and drives development of team members to maximize their contributions to the EHS department.
- Prepares and submits EPA and OSHA required reports and permits, up to but not limited to OSHA 300 log, CAA, CWA, RCRA/TRI, storm water/wastewater, and Tier II reports, if applicable.
- Corresponds with local, state, and federal regulatory agencies regarding new permit applications, information requests, or notices of violation.
- Develops and delivers trainings based on OSHA and Environmental regulatory requirements and site-specific needs. Trainings range from small groups for OSHA required equipment or program training up to large all-employee sessions for driving behavioral improvements. Advises and contributes to on-the-job and orientation training
- Manages Workers’ Compensation (initial reports, claims, entering related data into systems, analyzes and interprets data, produces reports, etc.). Supervises/administers the Light Duty Work Program in accordance with established practices. Collaborates with the third-party administrator staff for claims processing information, investigatory processes, and if required, representation at hearings and related proceedings.
- Keeps abreast of developments in regulations that affect EHS considerations for operations. Incorporates new information into existing operations, where applicable.
- Responsible for the immediate management and review of all serious injuries and illnesses. Responsible for effective record keeping and OSHA document compliance. Supports plant management by providing root cause analyses and corrective actions for reporting to division and corporate-level management.
- Advises Operations leadership, HR, Finance, Quality, Engineering, Facilities and Maintenance departments on all plans and specifications for new or proposed changes in process, equipment, or methods and reviews for compliance with environmental and safety standards before acceptance or use
- May be required to handle hazardous waste.
- May be required to complete Hazardous Waste, Department of Transportation, and OSHA program-specific training.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 5-8 years of related and progressively more complex experience
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers.
- Proven ability to accomplish results in a collaborative environment.
- Strong Microsoft Suite skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must demonstrate effective interpersonal communications skills, written and verbal, at or above college level
- Prior experience in an industrial manufacturing setting
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.