Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
SPS Technologies has been developing and manufacturing critical fasteners since the early days of aviation, working closely with its customers to meet the needs of an ever changing industry.
Many of the materials, designs, and manufacturing practices that have become industry standards were pioneered by SPS Technologies. SPS Technologies continues to advance the materials, designs, and manufacturing practices of aerospace fasteners today to meet the unique needs of next generation vehicles and assembly techniques.
SPS Technologies was acquired by PCC in 2003.
Jenkintown, PA 19046
The Quality Engineer will provide direct support to immediate manufacturing Quality Assurance and Control needs. The Quality Engineer will report to the Quality Supervisor and has no direct reports.
- Perform Contract Review to assure ability to comply with specified Customer, regulator and industry requirements
- Manufacturing Planning Requirements review and approval
- First Article Inspection Planning, Coordination, Review and Approval (AS9102 and Aerospace Customer requirements)
- Internal audit execution (AS9100C and Intern Procedure requirements)
- Nonconforming Material Review and disposition
- Product nonconformance analysis and corrective/preventative action coordination and execution
- System/Process based corrective/preventative action
- Perform PPAP (production part approval process)
- Perform FMEA (Failure mode and effects analysis)
- A Bachelor of Sciences in Engineering, Quality Assurance, or similar technical discipline
- Knowledgeable of aerospace Customer and AS9100C requirements, Internal Audit practices
- SixSigma/Lean analysis and improvement methodologies and have the ability to work efficiently with various computer software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.) and ERP to perform necessary functions
- Ability to interrogate Model Based Definition to define product criteria
- Must be highly organized with proven ability to professionally and assertively follow up on actions to be completed by internal personnel at all levels to assure timely completion
- At least 5 years related manufacturing experience, with machine shop environment preferred