Senior Project Manager, Corporate System Implementations
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
- Work in partnership with other functional leaders - such as Finance, Procurement, Sales, Treasury, Operations - as an advisor of project management techniques.
- Provide planning, strategies, and tactics for implementations in both new acquisitions and existing business operations.
- Provide project management oversight and direction to all major systems implementation projects.
- Develop standardized templates and tools that can be leveraged to reduce costs and increase quality of systems implementations across the company.
- Leverage standard and consistent best demonstrated practices, methodologies, tools and accelerators to drive the implementation of system solutions.
- Establish and enforce solid project management standards and techniques for tracking, monitoring and reporting project progress, status, and issues.
- Assist project managers during implementations with software and service support. Provide advice and counsel on other issues relating to difficult projects.
- Guiding the teams from a macro-level, while watching for potential issues caused by omissions, assumptions, pitfalls and cross dependencies.
- Assessing the skills sets of team members and coaching them on their performance.
- Establish standards for effectively monitoring and tracking projects.
- Train, mentor and monitor local project managers, from start to finish, on best project management practices.
- Establish, maintain, improve, monitor, and enforce corporate IT policies
- B.S. degree required; Masters (MBA) preferred
- PMI or other professional project management certification
- Minimum 5-10 years of IT systems implementation senior project management experience. Oracle, Syteline, and SAP implementation preferred; 2-4 years of additional years of experience as functional track lead in major implementations, desirable.
- Proven problem solving capability required. Excellent communication skills required.
- Additional experience in manufacturing, finance/accounting, planning, or operations, desirable
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.