Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Aerostructures is a leading supplier of complex components and assemblies to the global aerospace industry.
PCC Aerostructures now includes more than 35 plants in the U.S, Europe and Asia with over 5000 employees and has ambitious growth plans. Businesses within PCC Aerostructures include Primus International, SPS Aerostructures, Centra, Avibank and AVK, Klune, ProCoat, Southwest United Industries, Progressive Incorporated, Synchronous, Noranco and Kalistrut. Plants locations include Washington, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Ohio, Canada, Mexico, the UK and China.
- With minimal supervision perform a verity of intermediate to advanced fitting tasks such as loading raw material onto fixtures, jigs, and other fitting equipment.
- Perform intermediate to advanced material fitting operations using basic fitting equipment and tools according to customer specification.
- Perform intermediate visual and mechanical inspection operations to insure component material fitting to customer specification.
- Maintain area organization and cleanliness through-out shift.
- This position requires intermediate experience working with mechanical processes and methods, concentrating on weld fitting and preparation.
- 1-2 years of experience
- GED or High School diploma preferred but not required.
- The ability to use basic hand tools and fitting tools such as clamps, stands and jigs.
- Intermediate print reading & weld symbol interpretation.
- The ability to use basic inspection tools such as scales, micrometers, calipers and feeler gauges to complete required inspection procedures.
- Intermediate trouble shooting concerning fitting processes.
- Level two fitters are great career path candidates for entry level welding positions.