With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Direct and oversee the accounting activities of the department. Monitor and analyze financial data, budgets and forecasts and produce financial report and statements. Responsible to oversee all balance sheet reconciliations for the Operation as per Corporate and Division guidance. Work closely with Controller to prepare monthly, quarterly and annual budgets, forecasts and financial reconciliations. Position reports to Controller.
- Direct and perform account reconciliation process to maintain integrity of Operation’s general ledger and its supported subsystems.
- Oversee and supervise A/R, A/P and payroll functions within the Operation.
- Review, analyze, evaluate and interpret financial forecasts and operating results.
- Provide information of results and recommend corrective actions to address unfavorable variances.
- Produce weekly, monthly and/or quarterly financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Prepare business activity reports, financial forecasts and annual budgets.
- Report and monitor on the deployment of cost saving programs and the impact to the Operation.
- Support compliance with corporate policy including SOX.
- Assist in the monthly closing by reviewing and preparing various entries for departmental charges.
- Prepare statements for Flex P & L, variable, fixed, etc.
- Support and counsel Controller and Operation leadership team on financial implications for operating strategies, cost control actions and decisions.
- Work with internal and outside auditors concerning financial reporting.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Analyses of business and financial data.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and related software.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with close attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage confidential information.
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as in group/team settings.
- Ability to present information and data in an understandable and logical manner.
- Ability to document, plan, and execute programs.
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 2-5 years professional experience in a finance manufacturing leadership environment.
- Working knowledge of electronic data processing systems and financial reporting systems.
- Strong knowledge of spreadsheet software packages.
- Successful candidates will possess ability to validate, report and organize financial information in a clean and concise way to show main drivers and variances that affect financial results.
This requisition is closed to applications.